
Mesmerized by last year’s jiffest, well I continued this tradition this year. This year’s jiffest was relatively less festive and less energetic than the year before. The experience of watching movie, however, was also the experience of identifying yourself with the audience in the studio. Do you have the same interest with other people there? Or they are usually your opponent, who watch the movie just to mock every juicy lines from it.
So, actually, I think watching movies in a festival is one way of searching for the people who can be ninety percent interesting for you, packed in one room. So, if you’d been really talking and conversing, you will find some good potential friends and also, boyfriends/girlfriends. Don’t you think?
So, the remarkable movies I watched were Vitus, La Vie En Rose slash La Mome,
Shut Up and Sing, Hang Tuah, and The Conductors (today I’m on my way to see Afghan Muscles and the US vs John Lennon).
I applauded Vitus for the convenient and relaxing feeling I get.
La Vie En Rose for the tears, thrilled, and proud feeling of a woman, and also Marion’s outstanding act as Edith Piaf.
Hang Tuah for its originality and impeccably, its romanticism is now a big round of joke and senseless long sentences for today’s youth. Still, mocking each nuanced sentence in the movie is some of the best entertainment.
Shut Up and Sing was very lively, energetic, kept your heart in rhyme from the beginning till the end of the movie.
And my best movie was, The Conductors. It shivered me, very inspiring, move your feeling on nationalism, art, and culture, no matter your economic status is.
(I recommend The Conductors, Paduan Suara Anak2 baru UI di Balairung dijadiin dokumenter loh di film ini, lengkap pake in depth interview sama Pak Dibyo. Two other characters are Addie MS ama Yuli--the conductor of AREMA-- Top Abis!)
Moreover, the best part was that The Conductors reminded me for not to be a materialistic part of the country’s development. So, I just lost my handphoneS, new 1 gb memory stick, new memory card, and new glasses on the same day at different times. Now I am ensured more that materials don’t give any fulfillment for me. Now, I’m thinking on spending my money on something un-materialistic. A pretty good new attitude to inspire next year’s resolution, huh?
Btw, Merry Christmas y’all!
No comments:
Post a Comment